PCUSA Special Offerings

The four churchwide Special Offerings of the Presbyterian Church (U.S.A.) are a collective witness to Jesus Christ's love for the whole world. Over the years, these offerings have provided ways for individuals and congregations to join together with each other and in partnership with other Christians in responding to a variety of concerns.

A gift to One Great Hour of Sharing enables the church to share God's love with our neighbors-in-need around the world by providing relief to those affected by natural disasters, provide food for the hungry, and helping to empower the poor and oppressed.  This offering is collected on Palm Sunday and Easter Sunday annually.

A gift to the Pentecost Offering helps the church encourage, develop, and support its young people, and also address the needs of at-risk children.  40% of the Pentecost Offering is retained by the congregation to make an impact in the lives of young people within our own community.  The remaining 60% is used to support the ministries of the Presbyterian Mission Agency.  This offering is collected on Pentecost Sunday annually.

A gift to the Peace & Global Witness Offering enables the church to promote the peace of Christ by addressing systems of injustice across the world.  Our congregation utilizes 25% of this offering to connect with the global witness of Christ's peace.  Mid councils of the PCUSA retain 25% for ministries of peace and reconciliation. The remaining 50% is used by the Presbyterian Mission Agency to advocate for peace and justice in cultures of violence, including our own, through collaborative projects of education and Christian witness.  This offering is collected on World Communion Sunday, the first Sunday in October.

Each year during Advent and Christmas season, we turn our eyes to Bethlehem and celebrate the wondrous gift of Jesus Christ, our Savior. By giving to the Christmas Joy Offering, we honor this gift by providing assistance to current and retired church workers in their time of need and by developing our future leaders at Presbyterian-related racial ethnic schools and colleges.